801 Post Oak, Austin, TX 78704
Take in depth-tour of the property.
From the City of Austin Green Building- Five Star Rating 2015 Tour Brochure...
• Ground floor carved into hillside takes advantage of thermal mass
• Roof trusses reclaimed from a turkey farm in Rosebud, the l·beams from an
old San Marcos factory repurposed as floor support and reclaimed siding was
finished in a Japanese charring technique
• Almost 100% of construction material is reclaimed or recycled
• Three-layer rain screen system allows walls to breathe
• Metal roof is recyclable, durable and provides solar reflectance
• Natural daylighting from north-facing clerestory windows
• Heating and cooling from the ductless mini-split system
• Roof is guttered to provide rainwater to the 1,600-gallon catchment system,
in place for future household use
• Two heritage trees preserved through strategic design